Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bands that I USED to HATE


1. John Mayer- I hated that guy and his stupid "You're body is a Wonderland," song. Then I saw a live performance and found out how talented he is on the guitar. Now I dig 'em.

2. Incubus- "Pardon Me," was my worst enemy in the year of 2000. I would hear it everywhere and I thought it was stupid. Then my girlfriend at the time made me watch their DVD, and I was sold. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is one of my favorite albums to sing or play the drums to.

3. Metallica- It was a very long time ago that I was riding in the car with my then Foster-Brother Mike. I was in 5th grade it think. Mike was listening to Metallica and I was so pissed! I thought it was "devil-music." Mike, I was young and stupid. Now I'm older, and stupid... and past Metallica and on to Killswitch.

4. Godsmack- I'm still tempted to hate them, and when asked, I hesitate when saying that I enjoy a handful of their songs. What got me interested in them? I watched a few videos online of their drummer Shannon Larkin. That guys plays like his life depends on it. I respect the hell out of that.

5. Hoobastank- I still hate these guys from time to time. But once upon a time, a roomie of mine bought a new ipod and used MY computer to load it up with his CDs. Hoobastank was one of them and I was slightly intrigued. I definitely like these guys the most when I am locked in the drum room with the black lights on. Pretty fun stuff to play to.

6. Rage Against the Machine- You couldn't pay me enough to listen to them in high school. I actually didn't ever get into them until Audioslave came around. I loved Audioslave and couldn't find enough of their music to make me happy so I went back to RATM and found a bunch of songs I really like.

7. Journey- I still only have their Greatest Hits album, but I wouldn't even have that if it weren't for the show they played with Def Leppard in about 2007. I was definitely there to see Def Leppard rip it up and figured I'd just go a bit late to miss Journey's set. I wasn't late enough and caught the last 2/3 of their show. They blew me away! I had no Idea how talented Neal Schon is. I love him now.

8. Radiohead- I have no excuse. I was just a dummy. All I really knew was Creep. I still don't really like that song.

9. Maroon 5- I just really love jamming on the drums to these guys! Great beats.

10. Nirvana- I still hate Nirvana. Overrated and dumb. I love Dave Grohl though.

No comments:

Post a Comment