Friday, July 10, 2009

Jenny Lewis/ Bon Iver Show @ the Gallivan

I think this picture of Josh and Co. says it all. Now I knew from the beginning that this was not my "style" of music. And to tell you the truth, I was VERY impressed by Jenny Lewis' performance. Lots of talent and energy. But Bon Iver was Bo-ring for me. And it's not like I can't appreciate slower more mellow music. I LOVE Brandi Carlile, David Gilmour and Faunts. So, I left and got sushi. Just look at the expressions on their faces! They are children for crying out loud!
This is a picture of my view for a majority of the show. Bear in mind that I was standing on a 6-8 inch concrete step at this point. So, this guy is pretty tall. I should have been flattered that he insisted on standing directly in front of me instead of even a couple inches to either side. There is something about the shape of this head that calls for punching.
If I had a penny for ever v-neck in this crowd I'd buy myself the most tricked out PT Cruiser on the block! Nice kids, and while they might smell better than the crowd at Cruefest (arguably) this is definitely not my crowd. As I had imagined from the beginning, the highlight of the event was spending time with my good friends and seeing some that I don't get to see very often. All in all, fun night.

1 comment:

  1. hey dave, long time no see!

    dude, you hit the nail on the head! i could tell i was in for something less than fresh as i walked along side the exodus of v-necks heading to the gallivan center! haha.

    also, i'm glad someone else had the same view as me!

    p.s. I highly recommend you check out a few Bon Iver songs on youtube and give him a second chance!! (skinny love, re:stacks, flume, blindsided - just to name a few)

    ReplyDelete