Friday, August 14, 2009

Angra: Is there anything those Damn Brazilians Can't do?

Angra: Brazilian Power Metal Band. Est. 1991 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Hell Yeah. I lived in Brazil for a couple years, Rio De Janeiro to be exact, but I did get to stay in Sao Paulo for 2 months. Upon my arrival to Brazil, one of the first things to strike me was Brazil's passion... nay, Reverence for Metal. Iron Maiden posters, T-Shirts and Flags are as common a sight along Brazilian streets, as Paris Hilton is in the USA. It's no surprise then that it would only be a matter of time until some of Metal's Heavy Hitters would eventually begin to emerge from Brazil itself. Angra is definitely worthy of a consecrated seat at the Round Table.

Band Members: (current 2009)
Eduardo Falaschi - Vocals
Rafael Bittencourt - Guitars
Kiko Loureiro - Guitars
Felipe Andreoli - Bass Guitar
Ricardo Confessori - Drums

Check 'em out. This is one of my favorite songs/vids of theirs:


No comments:

Post a Comment